On this page you will find information in English for the most commonly used municipal services, including passport services, parking and waste disposal. For questions about products or services which are not currently available in English, please consult the contact page.

Expat Centre Leiden

For more information for international residents and newcomers living in Leiden, visit Expat Centre Leiden. The Expat Centre Leiden provides information and services and organizes registration appointments at the municipality for highly skilled migrants, intra corporate transferees, scientific researchers, entrepreneurs, recent graduates, and EU citizens with at least a Bachelor’s degree along with their families. Make an appointment. Please note that the Expat Centre charges a fee for their assistance and additional services.

Brexit related matters

The United Kingdom (UK) has left the European Union (EU). This withdrawal (Brexit) has consequences for most United Kingdom nationals and their family members who wish to continue living in the Netherlands, as well as for companies hiring UK nationals or doing business with the UK. The Expat Centre Leiden provides official and up to date information on Brexit related matters and government official advice for British Citizens living in the Netherlands.


Immigration and passports

Driving licence and parking


Personal Records Database (BRP)