Contact and opening hours


NOTE: we work by appointment only

Appointments Stadskantoor

Because of the coronameasures we request you:

  • To keep one and a half meters distance of our employees.
  • Come alone, please don’t bring anyone with you.
  • To don’t shake hands.  
  • If you cough, having a cold, fever or sore throat we request you to leave directly. Unfortunately we cannot help you and ask you kindly to make a new appointment.

Bargelaan 190, 2333 CW Leiden

Monday through Friday

Due to coronameasures we work by appointment only.

Thursday evening

Due to coronameasures we work by appointment only.

Saturday morning

Due to coronameasures we work by appointment only.

Municipal recycling facility

J.C. de Rijpstraat 11, 2315 WE Leiden

Monday through Friday 

08.00 - 16.00

Making an appointment

We only work by appointment. You can make these appointments on the pages for the products you wish to make an appointment for, such as a driving license or passport.

Payments at our desk can only be made via debit card payment.

House rules

The municipal government expects you to treat its employees with respect and that you obey the house rules.

Opening hours during holidays

The municipal government is closed during official holidays. See also the exceptions for the sanitation department.

Postal address

General matters
Postbus 9100, 2300 PC Leiden
Work and income department
Postbus 9102, 2300 PC Leiden
Parking department
Postbus 495, 2300 AL Leiden


Ask your question online.

By phone

Call 14 071

Monday through Friday
08.30 - 17.00
When calling from abroad, or with a phone registered abroad
+31 71 516 51 65


Send your question to +31 6 - 14 45 93 75

Monday through Friday
08.30 - 17.00

For simple questions only. Do not send sensitive private information.

Leiden city news

Choose the news related to the Leiden municipality which interests you.


Do you disagree with a decision made by the municipal government? If so, you can file an objection.

Do you have a complaint? If so, you can register it online.

Filing a report

Have you noticed damage or litter on the city's streets or in its parks? Or are you experiencing nuisances from things like construction work or other matters? If so, you can report this to Leiden municipality.