Proof of sponsorship or accommodation (for foreign visitors)

Is someone from abroad coming to stay with you? And does this person need a visa? Then you may need to fill out a form. This serves as proof that your visitor will be staying with you. You can also arrange a financial guarantee with this form. For instance, if the visitor incurs any debts, you would be responsible for paying them.


You must have sufficient income to provide the guarantee. Please check the income requirements and other conditions on the website of the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND).

Documents to bring to the appointment

  • Completed form from the IND: Proof of sponsorship and/or private accommodation. Note: Do not sign the form yet. You must sign it in the presence of a civil servant. This is called having your signature “legalized.”
  • If you are married or have a registered partnership, your partner must accompany you to sign the form (only for sponsorship).
  • Valid identity document.
  • Debit card or cash. Preferably, pay by card.

When is it necessary?

You want to invite someone from abroad. This person will be staying with you and needs a visa. Fill in all the questions about accommodation (3A).
You want to provide financial sponsorship for someone from abroad. This person needs a visa. Fill in all the questions about sponsorship (3B).
Which parts you need to fill out depends on your situation. It could be the entire form or just section 3A or 3B.


The legalization of proof of sponsorship or accommodation costs € 16,60 per document.

More information

You can find more information on the website of the IND.