Residents parking permit zone C
Do you live in an area with paid parking? Then you can apply for a resident's parking permit. This resident's parking permit is linked to the vehicle registration number of your car, motorcycle or motorized quadricycle.
The districts Hoge Mors, Boshuizen, Fortuinwijk, Vlietpoort and the Vlietzone, Oostvliet, Klein Cronestein and Meerburg form zone C:
- Paid parking Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm.
Zone C consists of four parking permit zones:
- Zone C1 Hoge Mors
- Zone C2 Boshuizen en Fortuinwijk
- Zone C3 Vlietpoort en de Vlietzone, Oostvliet en Klein Cronestein
- Zone C4 Meerburg
Please note: your parking permit is only valid in your own parking permit zone.
You can currently only apply for a parking permit for zone C1. Zones C2 to C4 will follow later in 2023. More information can be found here: www.leiden.nl/uitbreidingbetaaldparkeren.
Check the map to find out in which zone you live or look for your street in the list of streets (pdf, 4,87 mb).
- You are registered in the Personal Records Database in zone C1 for which permit you are applying.
Important: in case you moved to a new address lately, it is possible that you cannot apply for a permit right away.
- A maximum amount of permits has not been issued on the address that you are registered on. In zone C1 a maximum of 2 permits applies. Until 1 January 2026, you can make use of a temporary third residents parking permit.
- You live in an independent residence (you do not share the kitchen or bathroom).
- The registration number of your car, motorcycle or motorized quadricycle is registered in your name or you make use of a lease car.
- Your vehicle is not more than 6 meters long and not higher than 2.4 meters.
- Your vehicle is not a camper or equipped for these purposes.
- You are not registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP), but you can prove that you work (are = connected economically) and live in Leiden. In that case you can apply for maximum of one residents parking permit per address.
On what basis can’t you get a residents parking permit
In case of new build, functionally changed, converted houses for multiple occupations and split housing units you are not entitled to a residents- visitors- and car sharing parking permit. This applies to houses which are built or will be built after June 3, 2021.
Do you want to know if you can apply for a parking permit? Please contact the municipality via 14071, choice 3.