Notification of relocation abroad
Are you going to spend 8 months or longer in a year living abroad? Notify the municipality of Leiden about your relocation.
Terms and conditions
Who can notify the municipality about an emigration?
- anyone who is aged 16 or older
- parents, guardians or carers of children under the age of 16
- parents for their adult child or children living at home. Only if the parents and children living at home are relocating abroad together
- cohabiting spouses or registered partners for each other. Only if spouses and partners are relocating abroad together
- adult children for co-residing parent(s). Only if adult children and co-residing parent(s) are relocating abroad together
- the guardian for a person who is placed under guardianship.
When do you need to come to the municipal office in person to give notification of emigration?
- come to the municipal office if not all the family members at your address are relocating abroad
- come to the municipal office if you are moving to Aruba, Curacao, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten or Saba. In that case, you need proof of deregistration.