Municipal recycling facility
As a resident of Leiden, you can hand in waste at the Municipal recycling facility. Make an appointment first if you come by car. Pedestrians and cyclists can go without an appointment.
- Until the end of the summer, Leiden is experimenting with the services on the Municipal recycling facility. In June we are experimenting with other appointment types and pedestrians and cyclists can go to the recycling center without an appointment.
- Bring valid proof of identity (passport, ID card or driver's license).
- You can turn in a maximum amount of 2.000 kilograms of waste a year.
Use of the the Municipal recycling facility is for residents only. Waste generated by businesses is to be retrieved by a private waste retrieval company.
Types of appointments
Pedestrians and cyclists without an appointment (experiment)
Are you coming on foot or by bicycle? Then you do not need to make an appointment in June.
Standard (approximately 15 minutes)
Choose the 15 minute appointment if you come by car, or if you come by van with only a few pieces of waste.
Extensive (approximately 30 minutes)
Choose this option if you come with a car with a trailer or a van (possibly with a trailer) with many different materials.
TIP: Sort your waste by waste type before you take it away. This makes it a lot easier for yourself and others on the Municipal recycling facility.
You can go to the Municipal recycling facility with almost all types of waste:
- car tires
- construction and demolition waste
- fire extinguishers and batteries
- glass and flat glass (fishbowls, mirrors and windows)
- coarse green waste
- large and small bulky household waste
- household residual waste
- KGA (Small Hazardous Waste)
- copper, iron, aluminum, lead, bronze, stainless steel and other metals
- old paper
- carpet and floor covering