Municipal recycling facility
As a resident of Leiden, you can hand in waste at the Municipal recycling facility. Make an appointment first if you come by car. Pedestrians and cyclists can go without an appointment.
- Bring valid proof of identity (passport, ID card or driver's license).
- You can turn in a maximum amount of 2.000 kilograms of waste a year.
Use of the the Municipal recycling facility is for residents only. Waste generated by businesses is to be retrieved by a private waste retrieval company.
Types of appointments
Standard (approximately 15 minutes)
Choose the 15 minute appointment if you come by car, or if you come by van with only a few pieces of waste.
Extensive (approximately 30 minutes)
Choose this option if you come with a car with a trailer or a van (possibly with a trailer) with many different materials.
TIP: Sort your waste by waste type before you take it away. This makes it a lot easier for yourself and others on the Municipal recycling facility.
You can go to the Municipal recycling facility with almost all types of waste:
- car tires
- construction and demolition waste
- fire extinguishers and batteries
- glass and flat glass (fishbowls, mirrors and windows)
- coarse green waste
- large and small bulky household waste
- household residual waste
- KGA (Small Hazardous Waste)
- copper, iron, aluminum, lead, bronze, stainless steel and other metals
- old paper
- carpet and floor covering