Registering your move abroad

Do you plan to live in another country for 8 months or longer? If so, register your move abroad with the municipality of Leiden.

Will family members be staying behind? Then arrange a meeting with the municipality. The municipality can also provide you with an extract of your intended move. You may be asked to produce this document in the country to which you are moving.

For more information you can also take a look at the English website of