Adjusting data in the Personal Records Database (BRP)

Is your data in the Personal Records Database (BRP) no longer accurate? Then the municipality can change or delete data in the BRP at your request. You may want to do this, for example, if you have been adopted or you wish to change your gender or delete it from the BRP.


Adoptive children or parents, carers or guardians of an adoptive child can have the following data changed or removed:

  • name
  • mother or father
  • nationality
  • address data from before the adoption

You can also have your gender removed or changed in the BRP:

  • name
  • gender
  • use of the surname of your (ex-) spouse or (ex-) registered partner